Saturday, June 29, 2013

29. Travel meme

Thanks to Buntotinglibrarian for the meme :) I just love travelling!



How old were you when you first travelled?

I went on my first big overseas trip when I was 22. After a yucky break-up with a boy I went off by myself to be a Camp Counsellor at an American Summer Camp (Atlanta, Georgia). Had the best time ever.
What is your favourite form of travelling: car, bus, train, or plane? I guess plane, because you can go to far away, exotic places. But plane travel is the most destructive to the environment, which I dislike. 
Where did you go on your first road trip? Can't remember so I'll give my top 3
1. Perth to Broome with my sister
2. From California to North Carolina in 8 days in a scummy old General Motors SUV
3. From Austria to Croatia with an Austrian
Top 3 bus rides?
1. From Tijuana down the Baja peninsular, Mexico
2. Washington DC to Los Angeles in a Greyhound (it's true, you meet all sorts of people in a Greyhound Bus)
3. Perth to Augusta to get to the Cape to Cape walk starting point
Top 3 train rides? 1. Vienna to Berlin 
2. York to London (did this one about 20 times...)
3. Tokyo to Kyoto by bullet train
Most interesting plane ride? About 10 years ago I got a really cheap ticket to London flying with an Arabian airline. There were lots of announcements and prayers in Arabic, the food was interesting and we stopped off in a fascinating airport that was all curvy and covered in tile mosaics and only had men wearing big white dresses in it. I loved it. 
Motion sickness? Treatment of choice?
I get seasick, so I try to avoid boats. 
Where would you like to go that you haven’t been?
I'd like to go to France and Argentina.
Where would you like to go back to?
To all the places I've lived - England, Austria, New Zealand and Japan to catch up with the friends I made there. 
Travelling alone or with someone?
Definitely with someone, unless I'm travelling to meet someone, which is more exciting!
Your ultimate travelling dream?
To be able to roam the earth freely without fear of harm, just travel to new places and explore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment