Sunday, June 7, 2015

Making

Rarely a day goes by when I don't work on making something - usually it's a bit of knitting, or planning the next thing I want to sew. My queue of projects waiting to happen is enormous, and lives in Pinterest and Instagram. Today I had a making-marathon, and I finished a dress in a day! It's the first dress I've ever made, and I couldn't have done it without the help of my mum (who sews, quilts, prints, stitches, dyes and does everything, and has all the equipment for everything). I'm so happy with how it turned out. I learned so much from my mum about sewing techniques and skills today. Also, it was so nice to spend the whole day doing it - so often the fun and relaxing things (like reading!) get relegated to the end of the day when we're already tired, why is that...


No comments:

Post a Comment